• Transportation Benefit FAQ

    What are the contribution limits for transportation and parking?

    Limits are based on guidelines set by the IRS. For specific information, view the Transportation (Commuting) Benefits information on www.IRS.gov.

    What kinds of expenses are eligible under the parking account?

    Parking your vehicle in a facility at or near your place of employment, park and ride expenses and parking meters at or near work.

    What kinds of expenses are eligible under the transit account?

    Mass transit costs including tickets or passes for riding buses, trains, the ferry, or subway to and from work.

    What happens to my balance if I don’t use all of the funds?

    Unlike the FSA account, the transit and parking accounts are not under the “use it or lose it” rule. The funds will be carried over to the new plan year and available to use as long as you are still enrolled in the plan. Upon termination of employment, the unused benefits cannot be cashed out.

    I receive a bill on the 15th of the month for the next month parking. Can I submit that for reimbursement?

    Yes, you may submit that invoice for reimbursement before the actual month that the service is for. Keep in mind; transit and parking accounts only pay out when there are available funds are in your account.

    How do I submit a claim?

    Complete and sign a Request for Reimbursement from Transportation form or log into the FSA/HRA portal and submit a claim along with your documentation.

    How do I receive my reimbursements by direct deposit?

    You may sign up for direct deposit:

    1. Sign up through the FSA/HRA portal.
    2. Complete our Direct Deposit form and mail or fax it to us.